By Arthur Tam
Featuring this month’s top deals, events and openings at the Taikoo Place community.
The Mag is going to have a new look!
The online magazine is changing its look very soon! Not only will its interface transform into a more dynamic one, it will also be upgraded with a few new functions to enhance readers' browsing experience including "Editor's pick" which highlights the fabulous stories you mustn't miss, a dedicated banner showcasing different offers from the shops of the Quarry Bay community etc. Stay tuned for the new issue in June here!
Mei Lik Cafe
This new cha chaan teng is offering all of our favourite breakfast and lunch options. Order creamy scrambled eggs sprinkled with truffle on top of toast, a crispy fried chicken leg with a side of fries or a punchy satay beef sandwich. Mei Lik also has Hong Kong’s traditional ice cream floats to satisfy your sweet tooth. Shop 3, G/F., Kiu Ying Building, 2D Finnie Street, Quarry Bay. tel: 2869 7277, facebook.com/meilikcafe
Looking for a healthy, nutritious meal that’s not only good for you, but also the planet? We have great news then. Singapore salad franchise SaladStop! is opening its outlet here in Taikoo Place. They ethically source their ingredients and have a range of delicious salads like their Tuna San, and Omega 3 Baby! 1/F Dorset House, facebook.com/saladstopHK
PROJECT AFTER 6: Cube Culture: 11, 12, 18, 20, 25, 26 May
After months of intense rehearsals, it’s time to shine! Starring 30 working professionals and residents of the Quarry Bay community, the original English-language musical comedy Cube Culture is set to begin performances. Tickets are all sold out, even for the additional show on 20 May (7:30pm)! Check out the latest highlights here.
Get Moving | Live Happy, at Cityplaza: until 27 May
If you’re looking to achieve that summer body, it’s time to get in shape now. Cityplaza has a variety of sporty activities to help. There is yoga, ice skating and bubble soccer at the Ice Palace, a night run, slacklining and hiking, all sponsored by different brands and tenants of the shopping mall, which means it’s free for you. All you have to do is register. Check for full details and dates of the events here
Tong Chong Street Market Pop-up Farmers’ Stall: until 29 Jun
From Monday to Friday, noon to 6pm, the pop-up farmers’ stalls will be selling seasonal, locally sourced, organic produce at G/F lobby of One Island East. On top of that there are a series of workshops, including:
1. Latte Art Workshop by Athletic Juice & Espresso Bar: 7 May
2. Veggie Crayons: 14 May
3. Mosquito Repellent Incense: 21 May
4. Recycled Paper Pen: 28 May
5. How to Make Kombucha: 4 & 11 June
Act fast as some of the workshops are already full! To join, just sign up for free via Taikoo Social. There will be two sessions per workshop from 12:30pm-1:15pm and 1:15pm-2pm. More info here.
Blueprint function space
Modern conference, event and meeting room options are now at your doorstep. Reserve this atmospheric venue for your next offsite training, workshop or networking gathering. Corporate tenants of Taikoo Place, Cityplaza and Pacific Place can enjoy discounted rental rates. 2/F Dorset House, tel: 9881 0041, blueprint.swireproperties.com
Taikoo Social Exclusive Offers: Season of Discovery
Don’t miss this month’s prizes found on the Taikoo Social app (App store | Google Play):
1. 25 percent discount on a la carte menu at FRITES: 2-31 May - Come explore the best Belgian cuisine with a generous 25 percent discount on the a la carte dinner menu from 3pm to 12am. Drop by for afternoon tea or dinner to take advantage of the offer. G/F, Oxford House, tel: 2250 5188; frites.hk
2. A free healthy wrap from Hawkr: 2-31 May - Looking for a nutritious, fast lunch option? Drop into Hawkr and redeem a delicious wrap for free. Select from a variety of hot wraps like the Prawn Popiah or go for a cold wrap like the signature Saigon Chicken Wrap. Quantities are limited to 40 per day, so get there before the lunch rush. 36 Hoi Kwong St, tel: 2994 9033; facebook.com/hawkrhk/
3. A new chef, a new menu and a new offer at Mr & Mrs Fox: 2-31 May - A new exclusive tasting menu just for Taikoo Social users has been created by recently appointed head chef Alfredo Perez Gomez. Advance booking is required and the menu costs HK$500 + 10% per head and comes with a glass of Prosecco. 23 Tong Chong St, tel: 2697 8500; facebook.com/MRMRSFOXHK
Something Bubbly at FRITES for Mother’s Day: 13 May
Mums get free-flow prosecco with their lunch or dinner at FRITES on Mother’s Day. There is no better way to honour the matriarch of the family than getting her boozed up. G/F, Oxford House, tel: 2250 5188; frites.hk
Tomiyama’s Dinner Set at NAHA Okinawan Seafood Izakaya
Customise your own dinner set by picking an appetiser and one of these four mouth-watering mains: Hokkaido Seafood Donburi, Seafood Donburi, Chopped Tuna Belly with Scallion and Assorted Sushi (8pcs). These are all seasonal dishes sourced from Japan's Tsukiji market. Don’t forget to leave room for dessert! Available Mon-Sun, 6pm-10pm; Shop G1015, Yiu Sing Mansion, stage 10, tel: 2186 6969; facebook.com/nahahk