BOOK YOUR TICKETS NOW VIA TAIKOO SOCIAL APP or Ticketflap!
Be moved by over 20 powerful performances that transcend language, generations and culture. Moving Pieces is a collection of monumental dance productions from the most the influential and inspiring artists of our time. Presented from 8 August to 28 September 2019, the series will include behind the scenes access to lunchtime open rehearsals and weekend dance workshops.
ArtisTree Selects aims to open the world of art to new audiences by presenting work commissioned and curated by ArtisTree and its partners in exciting and approachable new ways - featuring touring exhibitions, dance performances, intimate concerts, multi-disciplinary shows, and more.
Double-Bill Package - National Dance Company Wales - Revellers’ Mass & Tundra
After headlining ArtisTree’s Opening Season in 2017, National Dance Company Wales returns with two new works: Revellers’ Mass
by Caroline Finn, which reinterprets iconic paintings with spellbinding movements, and Tundra
by Marcos Morau - a graphical modern take on Russian folk dance.
Enter a world of ritual and decadence inspired by historic paintings - NDCWales Resident Choreographer, Caroline Finn, premiered her latest work Revellers' Mass in March 2019. Through charismatic and compelling movements, a menagerie of curious characters bring their surroundings to life.
Marcos Morau’s first UK creation Tundra
is a Russian folk-inspired, intoxicating masterpiece of choreography. Eight dancers move as one to form a synchronized stage image that delivers both mesmerizing beauty and almost machine-like precision.
Performance dates and times
- 7:30pm, 5 September 2019 (Thursday) (*Pre-performance talk starts at 6:45pm)
- 7:30pm, 6 September 2019 (Friday)
- 7:30pm, 11 September 2019 (Wednesday)
- 7:30pm, 12 September 2019 (Thursday)
Double-Bill performance ticket price: HK$220 (BOOK YOUR TICKETS NOW VIA TAIKOO SOCIAL APP or Ticketflap!)
Age limit: For ages eight and above
Other featured programmes:
by Hook Dance Theatre (Hong Kong) (8 – 17 August)
by Panta Rei Danseteater (Norway) (22 – 30 August)
- Tentative Approaches to a Point of Suspension
by Yoann Bourgeois (France) (19 – 28 September)
- Open Rehearsal Series (29 & 30 August)
- Watch Dance Class (10 September)
- Workshops for kids and families (25 August, 7 & 22 September)
- Workshops for professionals (24 August, 7 & 28 September)
- The programmes may subject to change without prior notice.
- The programme may be cancelled when tropical cyclone warning signal No. 8 is in force or Black Rainstorm Warning is issued. Please refer to the Facebook Fan Page of ArtisTree for the latest update.
- Swire Properties Limited reserves the right to take photos or video-recordings during the events and to use the photos and videos for promotional purpose.
- Proof of age may be required. Please ensure that you have the ID with you in case you are asked.