Swire Properties is delighted to be the Principal Partner of the first “Advancing Net Zero” Ideas Competition in Hong Kong, organised by The Hong Kong Green Building Council (HKGBC). Supporting the World Green Building Council’s global project of “Advancing Net Zero” (ANZ) and the Hong Kong Government’s environmental target to achieve carbon neutrality by 2050, the competition aims to encourage innovative entries from around the world with designs for future-ready buildings
The Competition invites international industry stakeholders, designers, academia, and technology experts to contribute ideas on how to move Hong Kong’s building sector towards carbon neutrality – a net-zero position - for a sustainable future. Winners and shortlisted candidates will be eligible for a total of HK$1.2 million in prize money.
The Jury Panel comprises leading figures from cross disciplines:
• Prof. Christopher Chao (Dean of Engineering and Chair Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering of The University of Hong Kong)
• Ms Tanya Cox (Chair, World Green Building Council)
• Prof. Jiang Yi (Director, Building Energy Research Centre of Tsinghua University)
• Mrs Elizabeth Kok (Director & Senior Advisor, Swire Properties)
• Prof. Lam Khee-poh (Provost’s Chair Professor of Architecture and Building & Dean of School of Design and Environment, National University of Singapore)
• Prof. Stephen Lau (Honorary Professor, Faculty of Architecture of The University of Hong Kong)
• Ms Meaghan Lloyd (Partner, Gehry Partners, LLP)
• Mr William McDonough (Founding Partner, William McDonough + Partners)
Through their continuing pursuit of such initiatives, Swire Properties hopes to encourage all in the property industry and beyond to advance to net-zero.
Please click here to register.
From now on to 7 May 2021