Taikoo Social Terms of Service
These Terms of Service (these “Terms”) are written in English. In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and any translated version of these Terms, the English version shall prevail.
Apple Inc. is not a sponsor of or in any way involved with any promotional activity associated with Taikoo Social.
Date of last revision: 4 November, 2016
Welcome to Taikoo Social. We provide our tools and services to you subject to these Terms.
No responsibility or liability is accepted by Swire Properties Limited in respect of any use or reference to Taikoo Social in connection with any matter or action taken following such use or reference or for any inaccuracies, omissions, mis-statements or errors in the said material, or for any economic or other loss which may be directly or indirectly sustained by any user of Taikoo Social or other person who obtains access to the material in Taikoo Social.
Swire Properties Limited takes no responsibility for any loss caused as a result of reading the contents on Taikoo Social.
No claims, actions or legal proceedings in connection with Taikoo Social brought by any user or other person having reference to the material on Taikoo Social will be entertained by Swire Properties Limited.
By using or accessing the services provided by Taikoo Social, you agree to these Terms. We may update these Terms from time to time at our sole discretion. When we do, we will revise the “Date of last revision” at the top of these Terms. The latest version supersedes all earlier versions. It is your responsibility to review the most recent version of these Terms frequently and remain informed about any changes to them. If you do not agree to any provision of these Terms, you should not use Taikoo Social. Your continued use of the Taikoo Social services, following notice of the changes to our terms, policies or guidelines, constitutes your acceptance of our amended Terms, policies or guidelines.
Data Privacy and Security Policy
We encourage you to read our privacy statement, and to use it to help you make informed decisions. By joining activities listed on Taikoo Social, you understand and agree that you may receive communication from event organiser or seller and their designees in the normal course of utilizing Taikoo Social.
Registration and Account Security
Taikoo Social users should provide their real names and information. For the purpose of registering and maintaining the security of your account, you undertake that:
a) You will not provide any false personal information on Taikoo Social, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
Content and Liability
b) You will not create more than one personal account.
c) If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
d) You will not use Taikoo Social if you are under 17.
e) You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
f) You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
g) You will not transfer your account (including any application you administer) to anyone without first getting our written permission.
h) If you select a username or similar identifier for your account, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate to do so (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).
- Through Taikoo Social, we provide tools that enable users to arrange physical activities at venues that include, but are not limited to, public parks, private homes or private enterprises (such as coffee shops or retail stores). We do not supervise these activities and are not involved in any way with the actions of any individual at these activities. As a result, we have no control over the identity or actions of the individuals who are present at these activities, and we request that users exercise caution and good judgment when attending these activities.
- Because we do not supervise or control the activities or interactions among or between users and other persons or companies, and because we are not involved in any way with physical transportation to or from activities venues or with the actions of any individuals at these activities, and because we do not control any payment processing companies, and because we cannot guarantee the true identity, age, fees, nationality of Taikoo Social users, and because we have very limited control, if any, over the quality, safety, morality, legality, truthfulness or accuracy of various aspects of Taikoo Social, you agree that you bear all possible risks associated with your use of Taikoo Social and you agree to release us (and our officers, directors, shareholders, agents, employees, affiliates, subsidiaries, and third party partners) and organizers and sellers and their designees from claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, now and in the future, arising out of or in any way connected with your use of Taikoo Social, your Third Party Transactions, our resolution of any disputes among users, and/or your transportation to or from, attendance at, or the actions of you or other persons at events or activities listed on Taikoo Social.
- We make no representations or warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, with respect to the operation, condition, quality performance or accuracy of Taikoo Social, the fitness for any particular purpose, availability or non-infringement of third party rights. We do not warrant that Taikoo Social will be error-free or that any such error will be corrected. In particular, but without prejudice to the foregoing, we accept no responsibility for any technical failure of the internet, server and/or Taikoo Social, interference with other software, programmes or applications in your device. We also make no representation that Taikoo Social is free of virus or other harmful computer codes or components. You will be solely responsible for any damage to your device or loss of data that results from the downloading or use of Taikoo Social.
- Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, marketing partners or other third parties found on Taikoo Social, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such marketing partner or other third parties. You agree that we shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such marketing partners or other third parties located through the use of Taikoo Social.
- We may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other websites or resources. We have no control over such websites or resources, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such websites or resources, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such websites or resources. You also acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such websites or resource.
- We do our best to keep Taikoo Social safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to keep Taikoo Social safe, and you undertake that:
a) You shall not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on Taikoo Social.
b) You shall not provide fraudulent information;
c) You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access Taikoo Social, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission;
d) shall not infringe any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
e) shall not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
f) You shall not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on Taikoo Social;
g) You shall not upload viruses or other malicious code;
h) You shall not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else;
i) You shall not bully, intimidate, or harass any user;
j) You shall not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence;
k) You shall not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related, dating or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions;
l) You shall not use Taikoo Social to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
m) You shall not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of Taikoo Social, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other Taikoo Social functionality;
n) You shall not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies
We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
a) You will not post content or take any action on Taikoo Social that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
b) We can remove any content or information you post on Taikoo Social if we believe that it violates these Terms.
c) If we remove your content for infringing someone else's copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we may provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
d) If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
e) You will not use our copyrights or trademarks or any confusingly similar marks, except with our prior written permission.
g) You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on Taikoo Social.
If you do not comply with these Terms, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of Taikoo Social to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time.
We do not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to Taikoo Social, and operation of our mobile application may be interfered with by numerous factors outside of our control. By indicating during registration that you have read and agreed to these Terms, you are agreeing that you have read and understand these Terms and agree to all of these Terms.